Content, Research & Support Coordinator – AWMM
|Closing date:||August 27, 2017|
|Institution:||Auckland War Memorial Museum|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Employment status:||Full time, fixed term|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
A full time fixed term position is available for a highly motivated Content, Research and Support Coordinator to join the Gallery Renewal Content and Interpretation team. The Museum is planning various gallery renewal projects and this role, which runs to late 2019, will be an integral part of this team providing content coordination and support for several renewal projects.
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- A relevant qualification and relevant working experience within a museum or gallery environment
- Experience and understanding of the visitor experience in a museum context
- A background involving communications with large and diverse groups, ideally in an Arts/Cultural/Heritage/or Tourism sector is desirable
- Effective interpersonal skills
- A positive, adaptable and proactive approach
- The ability to anticipate needs and follow with initiative
- Advanced level Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Requires strong organisational skills, and the ability to remain unflustered when scheduling priorities and multiple tasks
You must be eligible to currently work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 10750.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.