Head of Indigenous Relations – Sydney Living Museums
|Closing date:||May 29, 2017|
|Institution:||Sydney Living Museums|
|Salary:||Clerk Grade 9/10 - $125,619. Package includes salary ($102,838 - $113,324), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading|
|Location :||NSW - Metro|
|Contact name:||Kim Ho, 02 8239 2273|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
About the agency
SLM cares for 12 of the State’s most important historic houses, museums and their collections: Elizabeth Bay House, Elizabeth Farm, Hyde Park Barracks Museum, Justice & Police Museum, Meroogal, The Mint, Museum of Sydney, Rose Seidler House, Rouse Hill House & Farm, Susannah Place Museum and Vaucluse House and Caroline Simpson Library & Research Collection. All are listed in the NSW State Heritage Register. The Museum of Sydney and the Hyde Park Barracks are on the National Heritage list, with the Hyde Park Barracks is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
About the role
This role leads the effective management of Sydney Living Museums’ indigenous relationships internally and externally, directly supporting and implementing the Sydney Living Museums’ Aboriginal Action Plan to facilitate key strategic projects, related funding initiatives and deliver tasks with a high level of administrative expertise that ensures the role’s accountabilities are achieved on time, within budget and to highest standards of quality.
As a drivers’ licence is an essential requirement for this role you will be asked to provide a copy of your driving record if you are successful in proceeding to the interview stage.
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- The role holder must be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Tertiary qualifications and experience, relevant to this role, working in a multi-disciplinary cultural, museum or heritage environment.
- Ability in Aboriginal community consultation representing the needs and views of a broad range of stakeholders; together with an understanding on Aboriginal community groups in the Sydney area and Aboriginal perspectives on culture heritage and environment.
- A well-developed knowledge of Indigenous culture, community, issues and protocols
- Experience in strategic project management and contributing to Executive decision making processes, including the ability to make sound judgements and act with discretion and sensitivity.
- Sound management skills and superior consultation, negotiation, presentation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act as the public face for an organisation, demonstrated through superior and engaging written and verbal communication with negotiation.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to undertake and complete several tasks concurrently while maintain attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Maintain a professional approach in dealing with stakeholders at all levels including the ability to act with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing for a variety of audiences.
Current NSW driver’s licence.
For more information or to apply visit: Museums Australia
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.