Assistant Curator, History – AWMM
|Closing date:||October 22, 2017|
|Institution:||Auckland War Memorial Museum|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Employment status:||Fixed-term opportunity working 20 hours per week until late June 2018|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
The Collections and Research directorate has a fixed term opportunity working 20 hours per week until late June 2018. The Assistant Curator, History will primarily be responsible for the rationalization of the acquisitions backlog, writing acquisition proposals and the processing of proposed and recent collection acquisitions. Reporting to the Curator History, this is an amazing opportunity for a developing curator passionate about working with History collections.
To be successful in this part time role, you will have:
- A Museum Studies Degree or other relevant qualification is desirable, or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Good spatial sense and manual dexterity
- Experience writing acquisition proposals advocating for collection development
- Proactive awareness and engagement with a wide range of cultures and associated protocol and traditions within Auckland, with particular reference to the Maori Dimension (He Korahi Maori) and Pacific Dimension (Teu le Va)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of history collections and material culture
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice in collection care relating to History collections
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to history objects and their interpretive value, and as a core resource for communities and for museum activities.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 11411.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this fixed term and part time position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.