Conservator Objects – NMA
|Closing date:||December 20, 2017|
|Institution:||National Museum of Australia|
|Salary:||$69,341 - $73,528|
|Employment status:||Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time|
|Location :||Canberra - ACT|
|Contact name:||Prue Castles, Senior Conservator Objects, (02) 6208 5416|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Working under general direction, the Conservator, Objects:
Is responsible for a range of hands-on conservation, preventive conservation, collection maintenance and exhibition projects involving NMA collection items and loan items from other institutions. This work will include:
- application of developed skills in interventive conservation treatment using established and new conservation techniques,
- assisting in the development of treatment programs and being instrumental in the development of new approaches to the conservation of objects,
- liaising with curators, registration and photography staff,
- condition assessment and reporting,
- collaborative work between the Objects and other conservation teams, and between the Objects and other areas of the Museum,
- providing advice to internal and external “clients”,
- assisting in the design and construction of mounting systems and participating in mount assessments,
Works with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the team and contributes to the project and program management of the Objects team.
Is committed to continuous professional development through professional reading, discussion with colleagues and pursuing training opportunities when they are available.
Manages and tracks own time and ensures that he/she has sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to enable them to perform his/her duties safely and in keeping to professional ethics.
Complies with Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and APS Code of Conduct.
This position is to be filled on non-ongoing basis for maternity leave backfill till 1 December 2018 with possible extension.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.