Education Assistant – Australian War Memorial
|Closing date:||January 26, 2018|
|Institution:||Australian War Memorial|
|Salary:||$54,487 - $59,127 pro rata + 15.4% Superannuation|
|Location :||Campbell - ACT|
|Contact name:||Karin Huckstepp, 02 6206 9814|
Education Assistants play a key role in the delivery of a range of face to face education and public programs to visitors to the Memorial, including school students, teachers, community, and other special interest groups. In addition, Education Assistants contribute to program development, deliver a range of front-of-house services, and assist with project work and administrative functions. As an Education Assistant you will have strong people skills and customer service, flexibility when working in a busy environment, and empathy for the purpose and mission of the Memorial.
- Current WWVP card required.
- Experience working with children is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Australian military history is desirable but not essential.
Non-ongoing casual roles, intermittent and irregular hours.
- Employment is of a casual nature, there are no set hours. Rostered shifts are based on the changing demands of visitor bookings.
- Under general direction, deliver education and public programs to a range of visitors to the Memorial, including out of hours, liaising with Memorial staff and volunteers, school teachers, and tour operators on operational matters pertaining to the visit.
- Assist in the development of educational programs, tours, and learning resources both on site and as outreach.
- Assist in administrative tasks and project work related to the provision of the Memorial’s education and public programs and education resources.
For more information or to apply visit: AWM website
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.