Project Collection Technician – AWMM
|Closing date:||May 7, 2017|
|Institution:||Auckland War Memorial Museum|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Location :||Auckland, NZ|
|Contact name:||Not supplied yet.|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Project Collection Technician, Published Collections – AWMM
Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
The Information, Library & Enquiry Services team requires a part-time Collection Technician to assess unprocessed donations of published material for accession or disposal. A good deal of common sense and ability to use online resources is essential, along with a practical ability in safe handling of boxes of books, and ladders. This role sits at the heart of many of the Museum’s aspirations as expressed in Future Museum and helps deliver on Auckland War Memorial Museum’s guiding principle of kaitiakitanga – providing care for the collections and stories entrusted to us.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a recent library school graduate seeking an entry-level position or have a degree in a relevant discipline
- Have demonstrated research experience
- Be familiar with library databases and Excel
- Be warm and generous with an ability to work collegially with team members and other colleagues in the Museum
- Be a self-starter with problem-solving skills, attention to detail, demonstrated accountability, time management skills and commitment to completion
- Have an excellent appreciation of and interest in the Documentary Heritage collections of the Museum
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 10010.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.