Technical Officer, Earth Sciences – MAGNT
|Closing date:||October 30, 2017|
|Institution:||Museum & Art Gallery of the Northern Territory|
|Salary:||$60,000 salary per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation|
|Contact name:||Felicity Green, Manager - Museum of Central Australia, 08 8951 1101|
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) is northern Australia’s premier cultural institution. It offers a dynamic and diverse arts, science and cultural program to over 300,000 visitors each year across six sites.
MAGNT’S vision is to be a world-class museum connecting people and stories of the Northern Territory.
We are both a museum and art gallery with collections, exhibitions and programs across our core areas of Aboriginal culture, natural sciences, history and art focussing on Northern and Central Australia and our near neighbours.
This position will work across our new facility in Todd Mall, and at our Museum of Central Australia, in Alice Springs.
Provide technical assistance in the implementation of the collections program for the MAGNT’s Earth Sciences section, and provide support for MAGNT’s research and public programs.
- Undertake the collection, preparation, documentation, registration and storage of natural history specimens, especially fossils, in accordance with international museum standards and practices.
- Use collection databases for specimen data entry and retrieval and to generate reports and labels, ensuring the accessibility and accuracy of information.
- Prepare, document and package loans of natural history specimens to other institutions, ensuring that all legal and documentation requirements are satisfied.
- Assist with fieldwork and research activities, including work in remote locations.
- Use, purchase and maintain field and laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Develop and maintain professional networks and partnerships with external stakeholders including project partners, community groups and researchers.
For more information or to apply visit the MAGNT website.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.