Temp Employment Register, Visitor Serv – MoAD
|Closing date:||December 31, 2017|
|Institution:||Museum of Australian Democracy|
|Salary:||$54,777 - $59,854|
|Employment status:||Non-ongoing (Temporary), Casual|
|Location :||Barton, ACT|
|Contact name:||Brian Leadbeatter, 02 6270 8146|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
As the first point of contact to all visitors, both in person and on the phone, you will be required to provide information on exhibitions, tours and events, provide cloaking services and be responsible for the collection and receipting of public monies.
The role will require you to circulate regularly through the public areas of the museum and to deliver tours and presentations that involve walking and standing for long periods. As a Visitor Services Officer you will be required to wear a uniform, which will be provided.
Under the supervision of the Volunteer and Visitor Experience Coordinator (APS6):
- Provide high quality service to museum visitors in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. This includes the collection of the required entry fee, cloaking and providing information to promote current programs, exhibitions and events, and handling telephone calls.
- Work cooperatively as a part of a team comprising staff and volunteers to achieve team goals and the museum’s objectives.
- Deliver a range of public programs, tours and activities to enhance the visitor experience, and assist with the development of new experiences, including undertaking basic research and analysis.
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks to support the Visitor Experience team.
- In association with other museum teams, support compliance with agency security and heritage requirements, and monitor exhibition functionality.
The successful candidate must be:
- An Australian citizen
- Willing to undergo an Australia Government Security clearance and maintain it at the baseline level
- Be able to secure and maintain a Working and Vulnerable People card within two months of commencement
- Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term
- Applications are only considered as positions arise.
- Work hours will vary depending on operational requirements.
For more information or to apply visit APSJobs.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.