2016 UK visitor attraction figures
The British Museum, a member of ALVA. Source: Visit London.
Visits made in 2016 to visitor attractions in membership with the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA)
ALVA represents the views and achievements of the country’s foremost UK visitor attractions to Government, the broader tourism industry, business, media and the public.
They promote co-operation, networking, information sharing between our members in order to continually improve the high standards of visitor management and visitor experience.
Click here to view the visits made in 2016 to visitor attractions in membership with ALVA
The Association has five main objectives:
- To advocate to national and local government the importance of ensuring that tourism interests are fully considered in infrastructure decisions.
- To encourage and influence national and local government in their funding support for the maintenance, upkeep and further development of visitor attractions, and the fabric of their building and estates.
- To advise government during its consideration of fiscal and taxation issues which affect member attractions and the tourism industry in general.
- To demonstrate to both central and local government the cost-effectiveness of the marketing and promotion of tourism, and the importance of adequate public funding of these activities.
- To exchange information and ideas between members so that presentation, service, customer care, good practice and value for money are maintained at the highest standards