2D Designer – Australian Museum Trust
|Closing date:||June 20, 2021|
|Institution:||Australian Museum Trust|
|Salary:||Clerk Grade 5/6 ($83,403 - $92,025) with a total remuneration package up to $102,009 per annum|
|Employment status:||Ongoing, full-time|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney City|
|Contact name:||Jenny Hooker, 02 9320 6239|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet, is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite.
The new AM mission is: To ignite wonder, inspire debate and drive change.
The new AM vision is: To be a leading voice for the richness of life, the Earth and culture in Australia and the Pacific. We commit to transform the conversation around climate change, the environment and wildlife conservation; be a strong advocate for First Nations’ culture; and continue to develop world-leading science, collections, exhibitions and education programs.
For more information, visit the website.
About the role
This position of 2D Designer plays a critical role in the development of creative communications of the Australian Museum, including temporary, permanent exhibitions and displays as well as marketing and communications across print and digital media.
The role will develop creative and innovative graphic design solutions of the highest standard, delivering exceptional experiences for visitors in line with the Australian Museum’s brand and vision.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate;
- Qualifications in Graphic Design or Visual Communication, or equivalent industry experience with a minimum 3 years professional experience with advanced skills across the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience developing and delivering creative design solutions within brand guidelines across print and digital platforms for a variety of campaigns and stakeholders.
- Experience developing and delivering creative design solutions for temporary and permanent museum exhibitions and displays.
- Experience in processes for print production, development and delivery of digital assets such as banner ads, email campaigns and social content demonstrating sustainable and cost-effective practice.
- Cultural competency and ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, and the willingness to work within a collaborative and consultative team environment.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description
- You will need excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritise in a fast-paced, dynamic cultural environment.
- You will be a passionate creative with plenty of ideas and a portfolio showcasing work across diverse projects and platforms.
- Advanced skills across the Adobe Creative Suite.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.