About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum operates within the NSW Department of Trade and Investment. The Museum provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The Australian Museum is the first museum in Australia; founded in 1827 its mission is to inspire exploration, understanding and care for our world. The Australian Museum is at an exciting time in its evolution with a new Director, transformational development works underway and significant plans for the future expansion of the Museum.
About the role
The 3D Designer works within the Design and Creative Media Unit in the development and delivery of 3D designs for temporary exhibitions and semi-permanent galleries. The primary focus of the role is creating and sourcing the best and most appropriate design solutions that provide a positive experience for a wide range of Museum visitors. The work requires creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. You will need to demonstrate experience in producing detailed design drawings, written specifications and any other necessary design documentation for tendering purposes.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate
- High level of skills in creative 3D design, ability to create and realise the physical form for exhibitions and displays
- Proven experience in time management and taking a design project from concept to delivery, overseeing consultants and related construction works in the execution of exhibitions and displays
- Advance skills in monitoring and controlling of costs during design development and detailed design documentation for construction
- Strong written and oral communication skills, negotiation and client service skills for working with the various internal and external clients, suppliers and contractors
- Advanced skills in the use of CAD and/or Vectorworks. Skills in creating models and/or sketches, renderings to convey design concepts
- Tertiary degree in architecture, human environments, interior or industrial design, or equivalent industry experience, minimum 3 years experience
For more information please download the documents Role Description and Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
Applicants must submit:
- A one to two page covering letter which addresses the above essential requirements
Please note that only applications submitted through Jobs NSW will be considered.
Enquiries: Louise Cornwall, 9320 6177 or [email protected]