Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
The Finance & Corporate Services Division consists of approximately 14 staff covering Administration, Accounts, Payroll, Information Technology and People and Performance.
The Administration Assistant is responsible for assisting in providing accurate and timely accounts and administrative functions within the Administration Department. You will be assisting with accounts processing and debtor/creditor payments including data processing, stock control and internal audit work, telephone enquiries, filing, faxes, mail and daily takings.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Basic computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong sense of responsibility, be well organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Flexibility to work weekends, public holidays and school holidays
A Certificate II or III in Business, Office Administration or Accounting or attainment towards one of these qualifications will be highly regarded.
For full details on the position including the required Key Selection Criteria and details on how to apply please visit our website at www.sovereignhill.com.au/careers.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record and Working with Children Checks.