The duties of the Agency Security and Fire Safety Advisor will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, provide assistance and advice to Executive, management, other Business Units and external service providers on the range of functions associated with security and fire safety management systems and associated componentry within Museum owned or leased buildings.
- Manage development and delivery of security and fire safety systems projects for the Museum.
- Develop procurement documentation and undertake procurement activities relating to security and fire safety services.
- Manage Museum contracts relating to security and fire safety.
- Manage the Museum’s strategic risk framework, including reporting to Executive and Council.
- Manage the Museum’s Comcover Insurance Account.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of operational and capital budgets for the Business Unit.
- Develop manuals, technical information, contractor guidelines and directives, and ensure their compliance within the Agency.
- Develop and manage service level agreements with Business Units within the Museum.
- Manage staff and contractors within the Facilities and Security team.
- Be available to undertake after-hours work, including providing direction to guard service provider.
- Other duties as directed and consistent with an Executive Level 1 position.
- be an Australian Citizen;
- undergo pre-employment checks;
- obtain and maintain a security assessment at the Negative Vetting 2 level.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Museum is an equal employment opportunity workplace.
For more information or to apply visit: