Join us at the Australian Museum and help us achieve our Mission to ignite wonder, inspire debate and drive change
About the Role
The AM Events Account Manager is an exciting and challenging client facing operational role in the Australian Museum (AM) Events team. Based in Australian first museum and heritage cultural venues, you will work closely with clients, the Museum’s in-house caterer and other event suppliers to plan and deliver unforgettable experiences.
Primary responsibilities will include venue sales, client management, planning events and delivery across a wide range of special events for private and internal clients.
We have two roles available, one is ongoing full time and another one is temporary full time for two years.
Working hours may vary subject to business requirements and the successful applicants need to be flexible and available to work when needed on weekdays, evenings, weekends & public holidays.
We are seeking a talented, experienced and motivated venue and hospitality event professional with a passion for venue sales, client management and event planning, who can provide seamless delivery across a wide range of special events for private and internal clients.
You’ll work closely with the AM (Australian Museum) Events & Venues Manager and team members and be ready to roll up your sleeves and embrace the opportunities that this new role provides.
Your abilities include client and stakeholder management, effective planning, time management and of course the ability to multi-task. Specifically, you will be able to prioritise and manage conflicting timelines whilst being attentive to the details and delivering on deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If you’re excited by this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
Your Knowledge & Experience
- Prior hospitality/event management, and event sales / client management experience, preferably in a complex hospitality, heritage or cultural organisation or venue
- Exceptional client relationship and organisational skills, attention to detail and commercial business acumen
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to implement relevant safety, security and Responsible Service of Alcohol controls, venue policies and event management protocols
- Ability to lead a small team of casual staff and external suppliers, make decisions and an ‘above and beyond’ resourcefulness to problem solve
- Basic understanding of the catering and technical requirements of events and ability to troubleshoot basic power supply, lighting, sound and AV systems
- Solid experience with event management software, such as EventPro or Priava or similar
- Availability and willingness to work evenings, early mornings and weekends as required by event schedules is essential
- NSW Working with Children Check for Paid Employment and RSA Certificate are essential
The Australian Museum is truly a great place to work. We aim to be a leading voice for the richness of life, the Earth and culture in Australia and the Pacific. We commit to transform the conversation around climate change, the environment and wildlife conservation; be a strong advocate for First Nations’ culture; and continue to develop world-leading science, collections, exhibitions and education programs.
Recent staff survey results confirm that our staff feel valued, accepted and supported and that they believe the AM is an inclusive workplace. AM staff also report a high level of job satisfaction.
The Museum is located on the homelands of the Gadigal people and acknowledges and pays respect to the Gadigal people as the custodians of the land, sky and waterways, paying respect to Elders past and present.
Check out our current exhibitions and events here.
Besides working together with other like-minded people passionate about the Earth, you will have access to:
- Dedicated Wellbeing programs
- Career development and opportunities across the NSW Public Service.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.