Assistant Manager, Legal Services – NMA
|Closing date:||October 9, 2022|
|Institution:||National Museum of Australia|
|Salary:||$106,354 to $114,152|
|Employment status:||This is a full-time position, however, flexibility of hours may be considered for suitable candidates seeking part time or flexible work hours.|
|Location :||Acton ACT|
|Contact name:||Belinda Carman, 02 62085216|
The National Museum of Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced lawyer to undertake the duties of Assistant Manager, Legal Services. The position reports directly to the Program Manager, Governance and Legal Services, and is responsible for a range of activities including, but not limited to:
- providing accurate, appropriate and timely legal advice on a broad range of matters including contracts and procurement, employment law, copyright/IP and collection acquisitions
- undertaking freedom of information and privacy functions
- advising on the Museum’s enabling legislation, statutory compliance and governance or Council matters
- developing and delivering legal awareness training and resources.
The key duties of the position include:
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge and understanding of governance processes and the Australian public sector. They will have high-level analytical, problem-solving, written communication and legal research skills.
The ability to deliver results and manage high volumes of work with competing priorities and deadlines is essential. They will possess strong coordination and organisational skills and demonstrate well-developed influencing and negotiation skills.
To be eligible to apply for this vacancy, applicants must:
– be an Australian citizen
– have a law degree from an Australian tertiary institution or equivalent
– undergo a number of pre-employment checks, including a police records check.
Ready to apply?
Visit https://www.nma.gov.au/about/employment and apply online.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.