Assistant Registrar Acquisitions & Loans – MAGNT
|Closing date:||August 9, 2021|
|Institution:||Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory|
|Salary:||$90,000 salary pa + 10% super|
|Employment status:||Full time, three-year contract|
|Location :||Darwin, NT|
|Contact name:||Elaine Labuschagne, (08) 8999 8278|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Assistant Registrar: Acquisitions and Loans will be principally responsible for MAGNT’s History and Culture Collection Management program as it relates to acquisitions including receiving, preparing, accessioning and cataloguing new acquisitions, and loans including documentation, packing, transport, and insurance.
Other duties include maintaining the Collections Management System, delivering preventative conservation, collections retrieval and preparing objects for conservation, exhibition, and digitisation for works in MAGNT’s collection, on display, in storage, and on loan.
- Manage acquisitions, including all legal aspects and documentation for deeds of gift, bequests, donations and administering donations via the Cultural Gifts Programme.
- Undertake the accessioning procedures to ensure that Collection objects and artworks are registered, labelled and stored appropriately.
- Manage inward and outward loans including liaison with lenders/borrowers, preparing loan forms and agreements and ensuring adherence to established policies.
- Coordination of logistics related to acquisitions and loans, including documentation, condition checks, packing, insurance, transport, and receiving objects.
- Create and update records, enter data, generate reports, assist with the database clean-up and standardisation of data fields on the EMu Collections Management System.
- Assist with the preparation for installation/deinstallation of exhibitions including collection and loan material to ensure the effective care, handling and movement of cultural and historic material.
- In collaboration with other collections management staff plan/implement safe storage for improving the management of collection material and storage facilities.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.