As an Assistant Curator within the museum’s content team, you will assist with the documentation of the museum’s permanent collection. The work involves complex research and high-level writing of acquisition.
Under limited supervision you will:
- Work with the Content team to identify high priority collection items awaiting processing
- Liaise with the Heritage team to gain access to and inspect collection items awaiting processing
- Research and write high quality acquisition proposals using the museum’s collection database: KeEMu
- Present final acquisition proposals to the Acquisitions Committee on a monthly basis
- If required, assist Heritage staff in transferring items previously held in the Library collection to the main collection database
- Assist in transferring items previously held in the Library collection to the main collection database.
The successful applicant must be:
- An Australian Citizen
- Willing to undergo an Australian Government security clearance and maintain it at the baseline level
For more information or to apply visit the MoAD website.