Coordinates and manages the engagement of volunteers for Sydney Open programs by identifying opportunities for volunteers across the programs and delivering strategies in response to the needs of the programs across a wide variety of roles.
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
- Provide an example of how you have undertaken recruitment and training for a volunteer program in support of a public event where volunteers played multiple roles. What processes and strategies did you create to ensure that the there were enough volunteers engaged to support the program and that the appropriate people were recruited and given the proper support to undertake their volunteer role?
- This role works as part of a small team and delivers volunteer services for Sydney Open within the framework of Sydney Living Museums’ broader volunteer program. Describe an example of where you have worked within a broader framework to deliver volunteer services to a specific program. How did you negotiate within the framework to meet the needs of the program? Tell us how you innovated and/or compromised and what skills and abilities did you draw on to achieve this?
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or significant recent knowledge of and experience in the development and delivery of successful volunteer programs in cultural or similar institution.
- A strong understanding of the role of volunteering in a cultural or similar institution.
- Ability to develop and deliver recruitment, induction and training for volunteers to fulfil a diverse range of roles in a cultural institution and to create structures to ensure their well-being and integration into a wide range of teams.
- Strong skills in administering a volunteer program, including demonstrated skills in software related to data management.
- Proven excellent communication and time management skills.
- Current driver’s license.