About the Organisation
Congratulations, on taking the first step toward joining one of the Bathurst Region’s largest employers! Bathurst Regional Council employs over 400 staff and provides a large range of services to our community.
Working for Council is a stimulating and rewarding career option, providing the opportunity to be part of a team contributing to shaping the success and future of our Region.
Bathurst really is the best of both worlds – a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia’s oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra and there is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
To find out more, please click on this link Bathurst Region.
About the Role
Are you passionate about audience engagement? Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment? Are you keen to work in an experienced and proactive team, for one of NSW’s leading regional art galleries? Then this opportunity is for you.
Based in the Art Gallery, the Audience Engagement Officer works closely with the Gallery Director and Curator to develop education and public programing which enriches the artistic program and audience experience in the Gallery; manages and develops the BRAG brand identity, both online and offline; identifies and develops opportunities to leverage new media and technology to promote and deliver programs to a range of audiences; as well as managing and developing the volunteer Gallery Guides.
You will need to be flexible, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and enjoy working in a vibrant, creative team.
The position is will require some out of hours work.
- Tertiary qualifications in visual arts, art education, museum studies, arts administration or appropriate industry experience
- Knowledge of contemporary and historic Australia art and a good general knowledge of art history
- High level written and oral communications across all modes and audiences
- High level computer literacy across the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, website content management systems and social media platforms
- Experience in the development, implementation and evaluation of education and public programs, and an understanding of the role of programming in audience development, preferably in the arts sector
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing, print and digital communications in the arts sector
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of new media and technology in producing, presenting and promotion programs to a range of audiences
- Excellent event/project management skills and the ability to prioritise workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work as part of a team, including volunteers and casual staff
- A current Drivers Licence
- A current NSW Working with Children Number.
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For more information or to apply visit the website.