Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Researcher to join the Museum’s Visitor and Market Research team for a 2 year, fixed term position. As a vital member of the VMR team, this role works to gain, share and embed insight about the Museum’s audience and to understand achievement of the Museum’s audience centred objectives.
The role is truly inter-disciplinary. It works closely with many Museum departments including Exhibitions, Learning and Engagement, Digital and Marketing to help remove barriers to engagement and assist in the delivery of Future Museum; the organizations’ long-term plan for transformational change.
To be successful at the Audience Researcher level, you will have:
- A post-graduate qualification in a related field such as social science research, sociology, psychology, museums or cultural heritage
- 3+ years professional experience:
- Utilising a range of research or evaluation methodologies; both qualitative and quantitative
- Distilling complex results into simple for
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills and the ability to adapt approach
- An understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and how they relate to the Museum environment
- The ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends as required
- Evaluating digital engagement and analytics
- Obtaining, interpreting and applying data from a range of external sources
- Imbedding research/evaluation insight into practise
- An understanding of contemporary issues facing Museums or similar organisations and a genuine interest in the sector
Less experienced candidates will be considered at a Research Assistant level.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 5371SK