Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated and versatile Audio Visual Service Technician to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The role is as varied as the working environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility. We’re looking for a talented individual with creativity and drive to bring new life and excitement in to all our audio visual needs. You will be part of a small team facilitating the transformation of the museum’s current AV delivery capability in to a Digital.
This an outstanding opportunity to contribute to the museum’s success and support key business strategies, by working with the Audio Visual Service Manager to provide AV support and solutions for onsite AV delivery according to Public Programme activities, permanent exhibition maintenance and wider museum requirements. You will work closely with the ICT Team to develop and implement new digital delivery for AV onsite and offsite, in line with our Future Museum and Digital Strategies.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a sound understanding and practical experience in Audio Visual Service delivery, operation, maintenance and installations for exhibitions and events
- Be able to work a standard 5 day work week from Friday through to Tuesday
- Able to work as part of a small team and be hands on providing AV services and installations and solutions
- Be a positive force, motivator and have excellent communications skills
- Have an understanding of Video Production
- Have an understanding of content formats and delivery in digital media
- Be experienced in developing relationships and providing excellent customer service and advice to internal stakeholders at multiple levels across an organisation
- Able to work flexible hours, after hours and on weekends if required
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site
http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 4791MA.
You must apply via our careers site. Applications submitted incorrectly will not be processed.
Closing date: Sunday, 22 February 2015 – 5:00pm