INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history. We are looking for a driven individual to join our Confectionery team.
The Duty Officer is responsible for overseeing the delivery of Aura, ensuring set routines are followed by all staff and by providing and maintaining excellent customer service standards at all times.
The successful applicant must have:
- Previous experience within a tourism, customer service, or retail environment is essential
- Previous experience working on the Sovereign Hill night show is highly desired
- Good articulation and the confidence to address large groups of people
- Presenting/Public Speaking/Interpreting experience is essential
- High level of problem resolution and complaint handling
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communications skills, an outgoing personality and a genuine orientation to people;
- Demonstrated retail and cash handling skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work on several tasks at the same time
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- A passion for Sovereign Hill with the ability to interpret history.
- Self-motivated and able to work within time constraints
- Ability to work across flexible evening rosters including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
Licenses and Qualifications
- A Certificate or Diploma in Retail, Business Management or Tourism is preferred but not essential
- Police check
- Working with Children check
- Level 2 first aid
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
Please apply through the Sovereign Hill Careers webpage at https://sovereignhill.com.au/careers