This is a casual position – INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history. We are looking for a driven individual to join our Confectionery team.
The Senior Tour Guide is responsible for assisting in the delivery of Aura – Gold Changes Everything, following set routines under the supervision of the Duty Officer. Providing and maintaining excellent customer service standards at all times.
The successful applicant must have:
- Previous experience within a tourism, customer service or retail environment would be highly regarded
- Previous experience on the Sovereign Hill night show would be highly regarded
- Good articulation and the confidence to address large groups of people
- Presenting/Public Speaking/Interpreting experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communications skills, an outgoing personality and a genuine orientation to people;
- Demonstrated retail and cash handling skills
- Ability to work across flexible evening rosters including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
- A passion for Sovereign Hill with the ability to interpret history. Self-motivated and able to work within time constraints
Licenses and Qualifications
- A Certificate or Diploma in Tourism will be highly regarded
- Police check
- Working with Children check
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages, and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
Please apply through the Sovereign Hill Careers webpage at https://sovereignhill.com.au/careers