The Sovereign Hill Museums Association is a not-for profit community -based museum organisation that collects, researches and interprets the heritage of the Victorian gold rushes and the Ballarat region. The organisation includes Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, Gold Museum, Sovereign Hill Hotel, AURA and Narmbool.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team in the position of Aura Tour Guide. If you have a passion for history and customer service, this role could be for you!
This is a casual role. Flexible availability across weekday and weekend evenings. Role does work later hours during Daylight Savings.
To be successful must have:
- Previous experience within a tourism, customer service or retail environment would be highly regarded
- Good articulation and the confidence to address large groups of people
- Presenting/Public Speaking/Interpreting experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communications skills, an outgoing personality and a genuine orientation to people;
- Demonstrated retail and cash handling skills
- A passion for Sovereign Hill with the ability to interpret history
- Self-motivated and able to work within time constraints
- Ability to work across flexible evening rosters including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
Checks and Qualifications:
- A Certificate or Diploma in Tourism and/or Guiding will be highly regarded
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- Fully Covid Vaccinated
If you are looking for work within a great team and love variety in your daily work, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Internal applicants to submit an expression of interest
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
For more information or to apply visit the Sovereign Hill website.