Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural, and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history. We are looking for a driven individual to join our Confectionery team.
The Tour Guide is responsible for assisting in the delivery of Aura – Gold Changes Everything, following set routines under the supervision of the Duty Officer. Providing and maintaining excellent customer service standards at all times.
The successful applicant must have:
- Previous experience within a tourism, customer service or retail environment would be highly regarded
- Good articulation and the confidence to address large groups of people
- Presenting/Public Speaking/Interpreting experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communications skills, an outgoing personality, and a genuine orientation to people;
- Demonstrated retail and cash handling skills
- A passion for Sovereign Hill with the ability to interpret history
- Self-motivated and able to work within time constraints
- Ability to work across flexible evening rosters including weekends, public holidays, and school holidays
The successful applicant will be required to hold an employee Working with Children’s Check and undergo a Police Check.
Sovereign Hill welcomes, encourages, and endorses applications from diverse backgrounds and provides equal opportunities to all who wish to apply.
Please apply through the Sovereign Hill Careers webpage at https://sovereignhill.com.au/careers