Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team in the position of Bookings Officer.
The Bookings Officer is a customer service specialist, lead conversion expert and generator of revenue for the group tour, corporate and FIT travel markets. This role provides high-level support in booking and itinerary development for across all museum sites.
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals who have:
- At least 2 years experience in a sales or customer service role
- Demonstrated organisational skills including proven ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills with the proven ability to build rapport with customers
- A strong sense of responsibility coupled with a tendency to apply initiative and get results
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- A basic understanding of tourism activities and locations within the Ballarat region
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including the use of inventory management software, email, word processing & Excel
- Sales experience or willingness to learn and use proactive sales techniques
A Certificate II or III in Business Administration, Retail or Tourism would be highly regarded.
Flexibility to work weekends on occasion is essential.
If you are looking for work within a great team and love variety in your daily work, then this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
To apply for this role please visit our website at www.sovereignhill.com.au/careers and apply online.