Responsibilities of the position
The position is responsible for the promotion of the Museum’s programs to external clients. The Bookings Officer liaises with clients to ensure the delivery of best practice service for bookings and assist in the coordination of Museum events and venue hire. The Bookings Officer will:
- Take enquiries for venue hire, school bookings and internal events by phone, email and fax
- Enter the bookings and all relevant information into the electronic booking system
- Liaise with Learning Services and Community Outreach regarding school programs and visits
- Generate reports on bookings activity
- Assist with recording RSVP details for Museum events
- Assist with general administration
- Ensures that they have sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to undertake their work safely.
- Effectively liaise with other sections of the Museum to ensure business unit requirements for ongoing and special activities are met
- Represent and promote Museum events in internal and external environments
- Support the work of the Venue Services business unit as required particularly through administration and customer service. Some of this work may be outside of normal hours.
For more information or to apply visit APSJobs.