One APS Career – Thousands of Opportunities
The Australian National Maritime Museum has a skilled and diverse workforce. We value our people, performance, integrity and service. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from every cultural and linguistic background.
The Australian National Maritime Museum which is located at Pyrmont, Sydney is currently advertising the vacancy of: Business Development Manager – Venues Section, Commercial & Visitor Services Division.
Purpose of the position:
- Strategically develop the venue sales business of the Australian National Maritime Museum (ANMM), by sourcing function and event leads across all market segments including corporate, leisure, incentive, association and government. Through proactive client sales calls, telesales, presentations, site inspections and attendance at industry events, you will actively target event business from a varied domestic and international audience.
- Be a brand ambassador for the museum, calling on your network of corporate, leisure, incentive, association and government clients and contacts to promote the ANMM brand, its venue spaces and drive new and profitable event business to the museum. Through sound relationship building and by utilising your network of existing contacts; win/confirm new functions and events, identify long term revenue building opportunities and play a vital role in growing the annual number of paid and profitable events held at ANMM.
- Promote the museum as a unique, premium and cultural venue; including sales, promotion, pricing and financial management in relation to venue sales and strategic partnerships.
Notes and Eligibility:
Selection for this position will be made on the basis of relative merit which will be assessed against each item of the selection criteria. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered for short listing by the Selection Committee. As part of the selection process the selection committee may invite candidates to undertake psychometric test, you should advise the selection committee if you have any special needs. Psychometric tests may be used as the initial short-listing test or later in the selection process. Some tests are very short while others may take one or more hours.
Visit the ANMM website for:
- Full position details, application requirements and for more information on the ANMM
- Selection Criteria, Position Description and a Pre-Application Form
Please note that applications, CV’s and claims to the selection criteria must be lodged on line on this link.
No Applications will be accepted by mail or email.