The purpose of the position is to manage all aspects of the Museum’s venue hire. Grow the museum’s venues business (corporate, private events and commercial filming) through business development and in line with market conditions while ensuring profitable events, profitable venues or sound commercial partnerships that drive venues business and strategic museum partnerships. Promote the museum as a unique, premium and cultural venue; including account management of existing business, driving new business, financial management, budgeting, cost benefit analysis and accounting practices in relation to venue sales.
Possess a high level of oral and written communication skills for reporting purposes and the ability to efficiently handle all client enquiries that secure repeat venues business. Working alongside the Head of Commercial Services, develop an overarching outbound sales & business development strategy, sales structure and best practice.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and grow the museum’s client base for by developing strategic partnerships, marketing the museum, ensuring excellent customer service is provided and securing and pursuing proactive and reactive sales leads.
- Work within the perimeters of the museum budget, business plan and performance measures with a key focus on both reactive & proactive sales.
- Maximise sales and profits by accurately inputting and monitoring financial data to ensure the budget is on track.
- Monitor & evaluate industry trends, market sectors and customer drivers, meeting regularly with Head of Commercial Services to discuss strategy.
- Manage both existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities.
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create & nurture business opportunities & partnerships
- Build short/medium/ long sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Work closely with Tourism Account Manager in establishing strategies and formulating partnerships in building a tourism brand with inbound & outbound operators.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, market sector analysis, networking events and presentations
- Ensure 98% client satisfaction to increase client retention by 30% retention of clients, resulting in repeat business.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of event reports following events and all issues followed up within 24hrs of the event
- Ensure all client information is captured with the CRM and accurate information is updated on a regular basis
- Manage the handover of sales to events ensuring 100% accuracy of information is exchanged for a seamless event & customer satisfaction
- Ensure allocated Key Process Indicators (KPI) are achieved and where they are not performance is managed in line with Museum policy and procedure. Provide direction and performance feedback to the team.
- To fulfil the key competencies of the classification of this position as defined and described by the Integrated Leadership System
- Any other lawful and reasonable request made within this position.
For more information or to apply visit: APSJobs.