ABOUT MUSEUM VICTORIA: For more than 165 years, the people of Victoria have turned to their State museum to connect the past and the present, and to imagine the future. Our venues include Melbourne Museum, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Royal Exhibition Building, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, Melbourne Planetarium, and IMAX Melbourne where we deliver unique exhibitions, programs, and experiences for visitors from across Australia and around the globe. As Australasia’s largest public museum organisation, Museums Victoria is a major contributor to the cultural life of the state of Victoria and a global leader of scientific research and education. Our museums are places of trusted knowledge that fuel our imaginations and provide our visitors with a deeper understanding of the world we live in. Please visit museumsvictoria.com.au/about-us/
Museums Victoria is seeking a highly motivated and organised Business Support Officer to work in the Museum Spaces and Events team. The successful candidate will manage the administrative work and provide business support to the Museum Spaces team that oversees the management and delivery of all venue hire and event activities across Museums Victoria iconic venues, Melbourne Museum, Scienceworks, Immigration Museum, and the Royal Exhibition Building.
With a passion for excellent customer service, the successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding communication skills, have exceptional attention to detail and understand the importance of strong relationship management and working to deadlines.
The position is accountable for contributing to the effective operation of Museum Spaces through the provision of efficient and timely business and administrative support around events sales and operations.
The successful applicant will have experience in similar business support or administration roles and have an eye for detail.
Key duties of this role include:
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Museum Spaces Manager and other managers including filing, routine correspondence, internal event RSVPs, minute taking, general phone, email and calendar management and following up on enquiries.
- Administration of financial and business systems (requisitions, purchase orders, invoicing, some contract administration, venue space bookings system), and sales support (limited research tasks).
- In consultation with the Manager, develop and implement effective business tracking processes and systems and interpret and consolidate reports.
- Provide support where required in relation to sales and marketing activities.
- Maintain a highly organised work area, use initiative and problem-solving ability and work effectively as part of a team in a busy environment.
- Be a key point of contact for clients, caterers, suppliers and stakeholders; develop and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Administer the business requirements around Priava the event/space management software and working closely with internal stakeholders, administer internal event enquiries and ensure the data is maintained.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsVic.