Cas Relief Teacher, Costume Schools – Sovereign Hill
|Closing date:||April 18, 2021|
|Salary:||Not supplied yet.|
|Location :||Ballarat, Victoria|
|Contact name:||Kez Tacar, 03 5337 1100|
Casual Relief Teachers
Sovereign Hill Costumed Schools Program
The Sovereign Hill Museums Association (SHMA) is a not-for-profit community-based museum organisation that collects, researches, and interprets the heritage of the gold rushes and the Ballarat region. The organisation includes Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, the Gold Museum, Sovereign Hill Hotel, AURA, and Narmbool.
Sovereign Hill Education delivers learning experiences to more than 100 000 students each year across our three sites of the Sovereign Hill Outdoor Museum, museum collections, and at Narmbool, delivering high quality, well-researched and engaging education programs. The Costumed School Program is delivered from within the five schools in the living museum.
Applications are currently sought from suitably qualified and experienced teachers for Casual Relief Teaching opportunities in our costumed schools.
This two-day immersive experience highlights the vast differences between schooling on the 1850’s Victorian goldfields and education today.
You will be trained to:
- role-play a Headmaster or Headmistress delivering an authentic 1850s Irish National School Curriculum
- support visiting teachers in maximising the learning experiences for the students
- be skilled in teaching, role play and managing student wellbeing
The position requires:
- teamwork and co-design in planning
- the ability to develop an instant rapport with the students
- effective communication skills
- sound knowledge of the Victorian Curriculum
- a reasonable level of physical fitness, as much of the work is outdoors and facilitated standing up
- the ability to work Tuesday to Friday and at short notice
- a period costume to be worn and credibly presenting the role of a teacher of the 1850s.
To apply please visit www.sovereignhill.com.au/careers
Applications close midnight Sunday 18th April 2021
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and a Teaching Qualification, VIT Currency or Police Check and Working With Children Check.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.