Cas Retail Assistant – National Museum of Australia
|Closing date:||July 30, 2022|
|Institution:||National Museum of Australia|
|Salary:||$44,580 to $44,580|
|Location :||Acton, ACT|
|Contact name:||Katie Penn, Team Leader, 02 6208 5194|
The job opportunity
The Museum has an exciting opportunity for a professional to join the Retail Business Unit as a Sales Assistant to deliver a high level of customer service in The Museum Shop.
The role of the Museum Shop is to raise commercial revenues while at the same time enhancing visitor experiences through the provision of merchandise that is largely inspired by Museum exhibitions, programs and its unique building.
The key duties of the position include:
The successful candidate will be skilled in retail sales assistance. You will need to provide effective, efficient customer service to all customers and achieve agreed retail sales targets. In addition to this you will also:
- perform standard retail functions including the processing of sales using an electronic Point of Sale system
- resolution of customer queries
- receive monies and electronic funds
- respond to incoming telephone calls in a courteous, friendly and timely manner
- assist in achieving and/or exceed the sales and service targets of the National Museum Shop
- stock monitoring – including stocktaking, pricing, and restocking
- assist with visual merchandising activities under the direction of the Retail Manager and Team Leader
- undertake basic cleaning duties to ensure excellent shop display standards are maintained
- assist in the setup and de-installation of in-store events and satellite exhibition shops
- be committed to the service standards outlined in the Museum Customer Service Charter
- ensure a safe, comfortable and clean environment for all customers and other team members
- liaise with Museum staff
- ensure security and crowd control at all times in the shop
- ensure that he/she has sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to undertake his/her work safely and that employees are provided with sufficient supervision, instruction and equipment to enable them to perform their duties safely.
- other duties as directed
To be eligible to apply for this vacancy, applicants must:
– be an Australian citizen
– undergo a number of pre-employment checks, including a police records check.
This is a casual employment register for the National Museum of Australia Shop
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.