- An opportunity to show your skills and knowledge in logistical management
- Reporting to Museum Victoria’s Collection Relocation Manager you will work within the Collection Relocation team and alongside the Museum Victoria Collection, Storage and Logistics team
- Work within, between and across Museum Victoria’s collection stores.
Museum Victoria seeks a professional Collection Relocation Officer to assist in the delivery of a complex range of major collection relocations within and between Museum Victoria campuses as part of the Interim Collection Storage Project. The successful applicant will work across Museum Victoria’s collection stores at the Melbourne Museum complex, The Moreland Annexe. Desired experience in the cultural sector and proven logistical management skills and experience to actively participate in the daily tasks of the Collection Relocation team within the Interim Collection Storage Project.
About Museum Victoria
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building. To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/
About the position
This position is accountable for achieving the Interim Collection Storage Project goals by assisting in the logistical implementation of strategies and methodologies for a range of major collection relocations to be completed on time, on budget and to best museum practice.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Experience in and knowledge of the techniques and safe procedures for handling, packing/unpacking, moving, transporting and storing different types of collection material;
- Experience in being part of a team that fosters a cooperative and collegiate approach to deliver logistical tasks and an ability to work on repetitive activities;
- Experience in and knowledge of the principles and practices of Manual Handling, Occupational Health & Safety and Risk Management within museum and cultural collections;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with, report to and advise project stakeholders on matters of mutual interest within the scope of the Interim Collection Storage Project.
- Appropriate administrative experience and computer literacy skills including the ability to competently operate business software (eg. MS Office) and collection management systems (eg. Emu, Vernon) with an accurate focus on location tracking.
This is a full-time, fixed term position to June 30 2016. The salary on offer is $45,461 + 9.5% superannuation.
How to apply
To view the position description, search ’employment’ at www.museumvictoria.com.au; for more information about this position, please contact Charmian Watts Hall on (03) 9392 4570.
To apply, please send your Covering Letter, Resume and a statement addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria by visiting http://museumvictoria.com.au/about/work-opportunities/employment/