Auckland War Memorial Museum
Tamaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tamaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pu korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i nga kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland’s identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum’s stories.
The Information, Library & Enquiry Services team requires a full time, fixed term Collection Technician to work on the preservation management, digitisation and cataloguing of our Documentary Heritage collections. Their work will contribute to the opening up of the collections, making them discoverable and searchable worldwide through Collections Online. This position is part of the wider Collections Readiness team and sits at the heart of Future Museum’s aspirations to significantly enrich Collections Online and support a wide range of future exhibitions and programmes.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a recent Library School or Museum Studies graduate seeking an entry-level position
- Have demonstrated research experience
- Be familiar with library/collection databases and MS Excel and offer intermediate to advanced level computer and keyboard skills
- Have an excellent appreciation of and interest in the Documentary Heritage collections of the Museum
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity to the mana of the Museum’s taonga
- Be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail, accuracy, demonstrated accountability, effective time management skills and commitment to completion of tasks
- Be a helpful and sincere person with the ability to work collegially with team members and other colleagues in the wider Museum environment
To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com and enter the job code 10990.
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.