About the Australian Museum
The Australian Museum (AM) operates within the NSW Department of Enterprise, Investment & Trade cluster, is the first museum in Australia and was founded in 1827. The AM provides access, engagement and scientific research to increase our understanding of natural history and culture, particularly of the Australasian region. The AM holds more than 21 million objects of biological, geological and cultural collections and develops programs, exhibitions and school and community education initiatives onsite, online and offsite.
The AM mission is: To ignite wonder, inspire debate and drive change.
The AM vision is: To be a leading voice for the richness of life, the Earth and culture in Australia and the Pacific. We commit to transform the conversation around climate change, the environment and wildlife conservation; be a strong advocate for First Nations’ culture; and continue to develop world-leading science, collections, exhibitions and education programs.
For more information, visit the website.
The AM supports a diverse workforce and promotes applications from First Nation and Torres Strait Islander people. People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, Australian Museum will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
About the Role
The Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Specialist is responsible for providing timely, proactive and effective support to the Communications team at the Australian Museum and implementing a stakeholder engagement strategy as the AM embarks on an exciting project to update its Master Plan. This includes the development and delivery of innovative internal communications content and activities as well as supporting key strategic engagement projects and priorities, as required.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A proven track record executing internal communication and stakeholder engagement plans with experience in complex organisations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt communications for a range of internal audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, creatively and as a member of a team to deliver competing priorities.
- Well-developed people skills with experience dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as communications and/or equivalent professional experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated communications experience, including the development, implementation and evaluation of communications and engagement plans, print and digital communications materials, event management and communications administration function including timelines and approval processes
- Current knowledge and working experience to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in this Role Description
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.