- Your opportunity to plan and implement exciting campaigns for Museum Victoria.
- Work within a supportive and friendly team environment.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State’s scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and the world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
About the position:
The position is accountable for the development and implementation of public relations programs and publicity strategies which enhance the reputation and positive awareness of Museum Victoria’s activities – including exhibitions, programs, collections, research and expertise – among target audiences.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated experience building & maintaining media networks, with extensive understanding of the broader media landscape.
- Proven ability to generate positive media coverage including developing appropriate media angles and stories.
- Demonstrated experience working with emerging communication channels such as social media and online;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with particular emphasis on communicating with the media;
- An ability to effectively develop internal and external networks with stakeholder groups and manage culturally sensitive material in a diplomatic and sensitive manner;
- An ability to coordinate tasks and work to many competing deadlines;
- An ability to maintain confidentiality, communicate ideas succinctly and represent Museum Victoria effectively;
- An ability to work autonomously, as well as in cross-functional teams;
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information about this position, please contact Carolyn Jones on (03) 8341 7153.
To apply visit the website.