Communications and Marketing Officer – AWM
|Closing date:||May 12, 2021|
|Institution:||Australian War Memorial|
|Salary:||$70,848 to $75,880|
|Contact name:||Megan Scott, 02 6243 4392|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Australian War Memorial is currently undergoing the most significant development project since it first opened its doors in 1941, focused on telling the continuing story of Australia’s service in modern conflicts, peacekeeping, humanitarian and disaster relief operations. Our new galleries will reflect these contemporary experiences and help visitors understand Australia’s continuing commitment to creating a better world.
The Communications and Marketing (CAM) section is responsible for marketing, advertising, fundraising, media, publishing and brand management to promote the Memorial, its mission, and the national collection. Corporate partnerships are also administered by the Marketing team to help support organisational sustainability.
Under broad direction from the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing and sponsorship plans and activities for the Memorial’s brand, exhibitions, projects, events, and commemorative activities to attract visitors to the Memorial. This is achieved through traditional and digital advertising, activations and activity with stakeholders, and the creation of marketing collateral and materials.
You will be required to develop productive relationships with stakeholders such as graphic designers, print and advertising agencies, liaise with ACT tourism sector stakeholders, keep informed of ACT and national events and recommend opportunities to support marketing initiatives. You will assist the CAM team by helping manage media, VIPs and guests at Memorial events. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate initiative, work collaboratively to deliver outcomes while working under pressure in a high-performing environment.
Under broad direction:
- Develop and execute marketing, sponsorship, and partnership plans for the Memorial;
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager in delivering marketing and sponsorship activities within the Communications and Marketing Section;
- Liaise and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver marketing projects within budget and deadlines;
- Assist in the development of the Memorial’s new CRM system, ensuring built functionality aligns with the organisations goals and objectives for marketing campaigns, fundraising, event management, and other stakeholder engagement requirements;
- Manage stakeholder contacts and assist with event management in collaboration with Events team;
- Draft a range of written material including creative briefs and correspondence;
- Maintain and develop the Memorial’s high public profile and identify opportunities to increase visitation to the Memorial;
- Perform other administrative, marketing, sponsorship, partnership, and brand activities as required by Marketing Manager.
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
To apply please visit: https://www.awm.gov.au/get-involved/work-or-volunteer/employment
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.