Communications Lead – South Australian Museum
|Closing date:||March 22, 2023|
|Institution:||South Australian Museum|
|Salary:||$83,273 - $92,614 p.a.|
|Employment status:||Duration up to 12 months|
|Contact name:||Duncan Campbell, Manager Digital Design and Communication, 0435 516 839|
About the Department
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) drives the Premier’s priorities in South Australia. Our staff enjoy working with colleagues who value integrity, knowledge and intellectual capability. They are committed to providing personal advice and services, and more importantly, don’t see what they do as “just a job”. They exemplify the public sector purpose: Making a difference so South Australia thrives.
About the Business – South Australian Museum
The South Australian Museum (SAM) is a leading research institution, one of the most visited museums in Australia, and holds collections of national and international significance. The purpose of the Museum is to inspire in all people a wonder and curiosity about life on Earth.
- Are you a communications professional with a passion for creating content?
- Do you want to work in a unique and exciting cultural institution?
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and execute communications projects and campaigns that promote the Museum, its research and collections, public programs, membership, and commercial offerings to ensure brand, visitation and revenue targets are met in line with the strategic plan.
- Manage media placement and public relations activities to drive earned media that delivers strategic outcomes.
- Manage all reactive media enquiries and monitor issues in the media.
- Grow the reach of the Museum’s own social media channels by developing compelling content including blogs and videos to communicate the Museum’s stories and achievements.
- Provide a copywriting service for promotional materials, campaigns and specific events.
- Work with Deputy Director, Engagement to develop crisis communication response plans to manage contentious issues and monitor and report on all media contact in these instances. Provide media training to staff when needed.
- Provide expert advice into and coordinate the development and delivery of a social media strategy across social media channels in consultation with the Manager Digital, Design and Communications.
- Establish relationships with state and national media and provide effective management of media and PR events.
- Ensure all activity is measurable by KPIs and executed on time and to budget.
- Provide back up support to the Manager Digital, Design and Communications, as required.
- The Incumbent will be required to participate in the department’s Performance Management Program.
- The Incumbent may be assigned to another position at this remuneration level or equivalent.
- Some work outside of normal hours will be required.
- This role requires a National Criminal History check.
- Tertiary qualifications in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent
For more information and to apply visit: JobsSA.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.