Conservation Laboratory Technical Officer – MAAS
|Closing date:||April 5, 2020|
|Institution:||Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences|
|Salary:||Salary package up to $87,894. package includes salary ($72,418 – $79,297), employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading|
|Employment status:||Full-time temporary opportunity (until Dec 2021) at Ultimo Location|
|Location :||Sydney Region / Sydney - Inner West|
|Contact name:||Sue Gatenby, 02 9217 0269|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) is an executive agency of the New South Wales State Government. Embodying the best of design ingenuity and innovation, the Museum profiles one of the world’s great collections and is a highly successful interdisciplinary institution that sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in supporting the brand and vision of the city.
As a part of our Curatorial, Collections & Exhibitions Department, you will be performing a range of technical and administrative services to ensure smooth operations of the conservation laboratories.
Key highlights of the role:
- Assist the Conservation Hazards team in the movement, identification, documentation, packing, transportation and safe storage of the MAAS hazardous materials collection
- Assist in routine operation of the conservation laboratory, including ordering of materials, chemicals and other consumables
- Maintain materials and stock inventory, including relevant licences and materials safety data sheets to comply with relevant industry regulations
- Maintain and ensure timely servicing of laboratory tools and equipment
- Undertake routine environmental monitoring and integrated pest management tasks, including recording and interpretation of data
- Occasionally and under supervision assist in maintenance of exhibitions
We are looking for someone to join the team with the following attributes:
- Hold a relevant industry qualification or have demonstrated experience in a comparable role
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Hold a current driving licence and be comfortable driving manual and automatic light commercial vehicles
- Be in good physical health
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic carpentry skills (preferred but not essential)
For more information or to apply visit: JobsNSW.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.