Museum Victoria is seeking a Conservator, Kodak Paper, Books and Images to provide conservation expertise to the Kodak Heritage Collection project. This will include conservation activities such as remedial treatment, conservation documentation and the provision of advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Undertake the conservation of paper, book and image items from the Museum’s Kodak Collection
- Work alongside professional, passionate and skilled employees.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
About the position:
The position is accountable for Reporting to the Senior Conservator, Collection Preservation, the Conservator, Kodak Paper, Book and Images will work in collaboration with Conservators, Collection Managers, Curators and others to contribute to the Kodak Heritage Collection project
Notable skills and experiences:
- Specialist training and experience in remedial conservation of paper, book and image items from multi-disciplinary heritage collections, including complex treatments and knowledge of national and international frameworks, ethics and issues relevant to such collections.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing conservation and preservation needs of collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and expertise in preventive conservation practice.
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and capacity to work effectively and collaborate with team members and key stakeholders on complex projects in a multi-discipline cultural organisation.
How to apply
For more information about this position, please contact Helen Privett on (03) 8341 7235 or visit the website.