Australia’s largest public museum organisation is seeking a Conservator, Objects to work in the Collection Development and Access team in the Conservation Department.
ABOUT MUSEUMS VICTORIA:
Museums Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museums Victoria, please visit About us – Museums Victoria
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The primary responsibility of the position will be working on Museums Victoria’s program of exhibitions, loans, new acquisitions and access requests.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Specialist training and experience in remedial conservation of objects from multi-disciplinary heritage collections, including complex treatments and knowledge of national and international frameworks, ethics and issues relevant to such collections.
- Demonstrated expertise related to the management of loans and exhibition production.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing conservation and preservation needs of collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and expertise in preventive conservation practice.
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and capacity to work effectively and collaborate with team members and key stakeholders on complex projects in a multi-discipline cultural organisation.
The successful applicant will hold a tertiary qualification in materials conservation for heritage collections.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsVic.