Museum Victoria is seeking a Conservator (Paper, Books and Images) to implement and participate in projects and tasks to preserve the Museum’s paper, book and images collections and enable their access in research and public programs.
- Undertake the conservation of paper, book and image items from the Museum’s Collections
- Work alongside professional, passionate and skilled employees.
- Based at Museum Victoria’s award winning venue, Melbourne Museum, and close to public transport.
About Museum Victoria:
Museum Victoria cares for the State scientific and cultural collections, providing visitor access, activities and events at five distinct venues: Melbourne Museum, Immigration Museum, Scienceworks, IMAX Cinema and world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building.
To learn more about Museum Victoria, please visit the website.
About the position:
This position is accountable for contributing to the implementation of best practice programs and projects to preserve and develop the Museum’s paper, book and images collections and enable their access in research and public programs.
Notable skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in remedial conservation of paper, book and image items from multi-disciplinary collections.
- Demonstrated knowledge,skills and experience in developing and implementing preventive conservation programs and projects related to multi-disciplinary collections.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in project management.
- Demonstrated experience related to the management of loans and exhibition production.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly effective manner in teams and under limited supervision.
- Well-developed ability to liaise with, train and supervise colleagues, students and volunteers.
- Highly developed verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
How to apply
For more information about this position, please contact Helen Privett on (03) 8341 7235.
To apply please visit the website.