Develop and manage delivery of public programs and partnerships to meet strategic goals for the activation of SLM brand, museums, exhibitions and collections and to generate visitation and income.
Applying for the role
To apply you will need to submit the following:
- A current resume with two referees
- A covering letter 1-2 pages in length
- And respond to the 2 targeted questions (no more than 20 lines per answer). Your responses to the targeted questions should be submitted online during your application and not included in the covering letter.
- Tell us about your skills and experience in developing and delivering a creative or cultural program in partnership with one or more agency to engage audiences with a brand or mission. Describe your strategies, planning and processes for the delivery of the program and meeting the objectives of the various stakeholders as well as ensuring a quality audience experience.
- Outline an example of where you have developed and delivered a program to generate income and expand audience engagement in a heritage or cultural setting. What innovations did you make and what compromises did you negotiate to achieve this?
Essential requirements the role holder needs:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and 5 years or more experience in public programs or event management or in a creative producer role.
- Experience in the development and delivery of audience-centred programming in one or more of SLM’s key audience or brand themes (Food, Architecture and Design, Children and Families, Communities, Vintage).
- Significant knowledge of key trends and issues in cultural programming and audience development, especially in relation to the cultural sector.
- Highly developed negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and establish relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and success in establishing and managing partnerships and contracts for the delivery of events and programs.
- Excellent budget, project and time management skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise and meet strict deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Current driver’s license.