A degree qualification and/or postgraduate qualification which qualifies for professional membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA); along with a sound knowledge and experience of Libraries Australia Search and Document Delivery.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures for managing activities of the Research Resource Centre including acquisition, loan, storage, preservation, deaccessioning, arrangement, description and access, including taking an active role in the management of digital records.
- Manage the accessioning of library resources in accordance with the QMN collection development policy.
- Maintain the serials and periodicals, including renewal of subscriptions, claims, and cancellations.
- Catalogue, classify and index library resources.
- Provide reference and advisory services to clients using collections, archives, digital assets, databases, the internet and other reference sources.
- Support the information needs of QMN staff at all campuses by operating the interlibrary borrowing service sourcing as loans or copies required publications not held in the QMN Research Centre.
- Participate actively in the process of change and continuous improvement, with a thorough knowledge and understanding of current developments especially in the area of managing digital assets.
- In conjunction with the database Service Provider assist in maintaining the Library system (InMagic) including data file integrity, monitoring, maintenance and upgrades.
- Participate in the development and quality assurance of the collection, preparation of reports and collection of statistics as required by the Head of Collection Services.
- Participate in training and co-ordination of volunteers, trainees and fieldwork students including those located at the Campuses with oversight of the dispersed library collection.
- Contribute to the safety culture of QMN by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN WHS policies/procedures and guidelines relevant to the job. Undertake all relevant responsibilities identified in the QMN WHS Accountabilities and Responsibilities Matrix.
Your application for this role will remain current for 12 months and may be considered for recurring vacancies which may be at an alternative location or alternative employment basis (full-time or part-time).
For more information or to apply visit: JobsQld.