About the Department
The Department of the Premier and Cabinet (DPC) drives the Premier’s priorities in South Australia. Our staff enjoy working with colleagues who value integrity, knowledge and intellectual capability. They are committed to providing personal advice and services, and more importantly, don’t see what they do as “just a job”. They exemplify the public sector purpose: Making a difference so South Australia thrives.
About the Business – South Australian Museum
The South Australian Museum has been committed to making Australia’s natural and cultural heritage accessible, engaging and fun for over 150 years through cutting edge research and excellence in public engagement. It is a place where families can learn and grow together and to appreciate the wonder and value of the natural world.
Today the Museum is one of the most visited museums in Australia and holds collections of national and international significance. It is a leader in remote and regional community engagement, Australian Aboriginal heritage and scientific research in a number of key biological, geological and humanities disciplines.
- Exciting opportunity to work in one of Australia’s leading research museums
- Opportunity to collaborate with the Australian Critical Minerals Research Centre
- Access to the some of the highest quality critical minerals in the world
The role of Critical Minerals Researcher undertakes research programs in Mineralogy / Economic Geology and develops, interprets and studies the South Australian Museum’s earth sciences collections, as part of a professional research collective that also includes the Australian Critical Minerals Research Centre at the University of Adelaide. The incumbent provides expert, authoritative advice on professional matters, promotes the Museum in both scientific and community forums, and supervises students and visiting researchers working on the Earth Sciences collections.
- The Incumbent will be required to participate in the department’s Performance Management Program.
- The Incumbent may be assigned to another position at this remuneration level or equivalent.
- Some work outside of normal hours will be required.
- Some interstate travel involving overnight absences will be required.
- This role requires a National Criminal History Check.
- Postgraduate Research degree in geology / mineralogy.
PO2 – Professional Officer
All applications must be submitted online.
Applicants to submit a covering letter (maximum of two pages) relevant to the Role Description together with a current Resume. Applications should include the name, email address and contact number of three current referees.