Cultural Heritage Committee
Department of Communications and the Arts media release, National Cultural Heritage Committee Re-appointments, 3 February 2016
The Australian Government has reappointed the eight members of the National Cultural Heritage Committee for a term of two years including the reappointment of Dr Patrick Greene OBE as Chair of the Board.
The National Cultural Heritage Committee advises the Australian Government on the granting of export permits for Australian protected objects under the Protection of Movable Cultural Heritage Act 1986, on applications for funding under the National Cultural Heritage Account and on the National Cultural Heritage Control List.
The National Cultural Heritage Committee members are:
- Chair of the Committee Dr Patrick Greene OBE, Chief Executive Officer of Museum Victoria
- Mr Joseph Eisenberg OAM, former Creative Director of the Maitland Regional Art Gallery
- Professor Suzanne Miller, Chief Executive Office of the Queensland Museum
- Mr Tim Sullivan, Assistant Director, Branch Head National Collection at the Australian War Memorial
- Dr Graeme Were, senior lecturer and convenor of the Museum Studies postgraduate program at the University of Queensland
- Ms Anne-Marie Schwirtlich AM, Director-General of the National Library of Australia
- Ms Margie West AM, anthropologist and Emeritus Curator of Aboriginal Art and Material Culture at the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, and
- Professor Duncan Chappell, Adjunct Professor in the Faculty of Law at the University of Sydney.
For more information about National Cultural Heritage Committee visit www.arts.gov.au/movable/committee.
Read the full National Cultural Heritage Committee Re-appointments media release.