You will work with a small team to manage and develop the social history collections of Queensland Museum and contribute to the development of research, public programs and exhibitions in accordance with the strategic priorities of the Queensland Museum.
Possession of a degree in in Australian Social History or other closely related field (e.g. Australian Studies, Australian Historical Archaeology, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies) from a recognised tertiary institution is required.
- Manage own work plan to meet brand, vision and strategic and operational objectives in the development of the Museum’s collection.
- Plan, lead and undertake research and content development for exhibitions, public programs, publications and other products aligned to both the Program’s operational plan and the Queensland Museum’s strategic priorities.
- Develop, research and document the State Historical Collection in accordance with professional standards, strategic themes and Program priorities. Contribute to the development, revision and implementation of collection policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the identification and preparation of project proposals to internal and external bodies, including where necessary the development of work plans and the management of staff.
- Publish scholarly and popular literature related to Queensland cultures and histories, with particular reference to organisational priorities.
- Deliver formal and informal lectures/talks in a variety of forums, and provide advice in response to public and professional enquiries relating to the collection.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other Queensland Museum sections, professional organisations and groups outside the museum to gain knowledge, share information and identify opportunities for collaboration and co-operation in the curatorial/collection management field.
- Contribute to the safety culture of QMN by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN WHS policies/procedures and guidelines relevant to the job. Undertake all relevant responsibilities identified in the QMN WHS Accountabilities and Responsibilities Matrix.
Your application for this role will remain current for 12 months and may be considered for recurring vacancies which may be at an alternative location or alternative employment basis (full-time or part-time).
For more information or to apply visit: JobsQld.