Curatorial Assistant – Bathurst Regional Art Gallery
|Closing date:||May 3, 2019|
|Institution:||Bathurst Regional Art Gallery|
|Salary:||$30,241 - $31,772|
|Employment status:||Permanent - Part-time. 21 hours per week, Thursday to Saturday 9:15am - 5:00pm|
|Location :||Bathurst, NSW|
|Contact name:||Sarah Gurich, Director, BRAG on 0408 534 124|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
Bathurst Regional Art Gallery Curatorial Assistant – Position # 552
Interested in working in one of NSW’s leading regional art galleries? This position is the ideal entry point for someone wanting to commence a career in the visual arts sector.
The role supports the Gallery Director and Curator in the research, development and delivery of the artistic program, design and production of Gallery signage and publications, coordination and promotion of the Hill End Artists in Residence Program, front of house operations, care of the permanent collection, and the staging of exhibitions.
This position requires weekend work, and some out of hours work.
- Certificate III in a field related to the visual arts, museums or arts administration.
- Understanding of curatorial practice and exhibition development, especially in the areas of contemporary Australian and International art.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated research skills.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, record management and digital platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of exhibition installation procedures including Workplace Health and Safety principles.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work cooperatively in a team including volunteers and casual staff.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Current NSW Working With Children Check
Visit www.bathurst.nsw.gov.au/careers for further information and to apply.
For enquiries contact Sarah Gurich, Director, BRAG on 0408 534 124
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.