DAMS Administrator – Queensland Museum
|Closing date:||December 1, 2020|
|Salary:||$74615 - $82980|
|Location :||Brisbane Inner City|
|Contact name:||Dean Beasley, 3153 4480|
|Contact email:||Not supplied yet.|
We are seeking an enthusiastic team member to help us achieve our mission to inspire generations of Queenslanders to discover, celebrate and value our distinctive natural and cultural environment.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Queensland Museum Digital Asset Library holds a collection of more than 360,000 digital and analogue images that help document the natural and cultural heritage of the State of Queensland. The Digital Asset Management System (DAMS) Administrator is a key role in the Museum’s Collections and Research Program. You will manage the maintenance of the Digital Asset Library through the provision of ongoing support for, and technical development of, the Digital Asset Management System (DAMS) for the benefit of the Queensland Museum Network (QMN) and the public.
- Provide leadership and management in relation to the ongoing development and implementation of the DAMS; including budget and related financial management, scoping, scheduling and delivery of work outputs in line with agreed milestones and outcomes to meet brand, vision, strategic and operational objectives.
- Provide supervision, direction and guidance to staff of the DAMS Section, specifically the Image Resource Officer, to ensure a consistently high standard of service provision to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate access to digital assets in the DAMS via the QMN intranet, public image library and research portal.
- Maintain and administer the DAMS; including upgrades, monitoring of system performance and data file integrity.
- Provide ongoing training and support for users of the DAMS at all QMN campuses.
- Create, configure and provide tailored workflows for QMN staff and/or Programs to capture digital assets, and relevant metadata as part of their projects.
- Review and appraise images for release to the QM Digital Asset Library, ensuring copyright and intellectual property is maintained.
- Implement technical improvements of the DAMS for internal users and external parties, ensuring connectivity of DAMS with other systems.
- Maintain a practical working knowledge of digital asset management activities in the GLAM sector, data standards, metadata management principles, and digital preservation in order to provide advice to the Manager, Collection Systems.
- Work effectively with colleagues and peers while contributing to a productive and positive work environment in times of change and uncertainty.
- Contribute to the safety culture of QMN by reporting all incidents and hazards and ensuring work is undertaken in the safest way possible, following all QMN Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) policies/procedures and guidelines relevant to the job.
For more information or to apply visit: JobsQld.
The Council of Australasian Museum Directors cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information given in the Positions Vacant listings. Please click through to the website of the museum advertising the position to check details and seek updates.