Sovereign Hill is a dynamic group of museums presenting the mining, social, cultural and environmental heritage of the Ballarat region and its impact on Australia’s history.
The role of the Design Manager is to report and collaborate closely with the Director Creative & Design to coordinate, schedule, delegate and oversee all jobs within the department. The Design Manager will also partake in job executions, from initial concept through to final production. This role will include active participation with online projects. The Design Manager will be required to develop close working relationships with team members and to liaise with internal and external clients.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Bachelor of Visual Arts (Graphic Design/Multi-media) or equivalent qualification with at least one year’s relevant experience OR no qualification, but a substantial number of years’ experience in the industry
- Demonstrated design ability
- Competence in post-production processes, paper and print/press protocols
- Competence in exhibit design and/or processes
- Robust organisational skills including proven ability to work alone, multi-task and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in the use of design industry input and output devices, and software
(e.g. Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A strong sense of responsibility coupled with a willingness to apply initiative and get results
- Excellent negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
You also must be able to work across a flexible roster and possess strong leadership skills including the ability to communicate and maintain a healthy working relationship with all staff.
This position is full time and for an immediate start. A portfolio of work must be provided with your resume.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for please visit our website at www.sovereignhill.com.au/careers for more information including a full position description and information on how to apply including key selection criteria.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and appointment is subject to satisfactory Police Record and Working with Children Checks.